Encore Rehabilitation Corporate Office and Decatur Central Billing Office showed their support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by wearing pink.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month helps to increase attention and support for the awareness, early detection and treatment of Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer affects women and men. According to WHO, when breast cancer is detected early, and if adequate diagnosis and treatment are available, there is a good chance that breast cancer can be cured.
A few Breast Cancer Facts from the National Breast Cancer Organization:
- In 2020, an estimated 276,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women in the U.S. as well as 48,530 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- 64% of breast cancer cases are diagnosed at a localized stage (there is no sign that the cancer has spread outside of the breast), for which the 5-year survival rate is 99%.
- This year, an estimated 42,170 women will die from breast cancer in the U.S.
- Although rare, men get breast cancer too. In 2020, an estimated 2,620 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year in the U.S. and approximately 520 will die.
- 1 in 8 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women, except for skin cancers. It is estimated that in 2020, approximately 30% of all new women cancer diagnoses will be breast cancer.
- There are over 3.5 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the United States.
- Reference: https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org