At Encore Rehabilitation, we LOVE to see you move! And that includes helping our young friends! Toddlers need movement to help grow and develop not only physically but also mentally.
Here are 5 ways to include movement into the day! **
- Laundry time – have small children help push a laundry basket to their room.
- Couch time – have young children walk along the edge of the couch. Place toys towards the back of the couch to encourage stretching and reaching.
- Garden time – holding a water hose or exploring the dirt with a spoon encourages movement while a child is also learning about the sights and sounds of outside.
- Family time – hold a dance party and explore movement and sounds. Play songs or games involving movement.
- Errands – allow children to walk part of the time while shopping instead of spending all of their time in a stroller or shopping cart.
Want to know? Contact us if you have questions regarding your child and movement. We are movement experts!
1701 Main Avenue SW, Suite G
Cullman, Alabama 35055
Find Encore Rehabilitation-Cullman on Facebook by clicking here
**These suggestions are from the APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy Early Intervention Special Interest Groups. Read the entire article here, as well as recommendations of physical activity by age at https://www.choosept.com/resources/detail/five-ways-to-increase-physical-activity-infants-to?fbclid=IwAR0p85LFZI5UDpXiGEijKR-RK78DWQUC8Vh0HwiM9dtvL4wvH87qFYucezM