FROM AHSAA – NEWS RELEASE
MONTGOMERY –Director Jamie Lee of the Alabama High School Athletic Directors and Coaches Association (AHSADCA) announced Monday the Principals & Athletic Directors Conference scheduled for June 2-3 is being merged with the AHSAA Summer Conference, which is being converted to a virtual conference online. The conference dates will remain July 13-18.
“Due to the ADPH guidelines concerning social distancing and the concern over large group gatherings, we feel it is in the best interest of our member schools to make these adjustments,” said Lee. “We are grateful to have the technology available to provide this important professional development.”
He also announced several other adjustments being made to the AHSADCA’s summer event schedule including moving the 2020 Alabama High School Sports Hall of Fame induction banquet to Monday, September 21. The schedule changes include:
- SUMMER CONFERENCE & PRINCIPALS AND AD CONFERENCE – The AHSADCA, which hosts the annual AHSAA summer event that is attended by more than 4,000 annually, is converting the “Coaching School” clinics and coaches’ rules tests to virtual events. The Principal & Athletic Directors’ Conference will also be presented virtually as part of the Summer Conference lineup of professional development opportunities.
- ALL-STAR SPORTS WEEK: All North-South All-Star games set for the annual All-Star Sports Week, including the North-South Football Game, are being canceled for July. However, the North-South All-Star Football Game featuring seniors still to be selected from the Class of 2021 will be played in December, 2020, and will remain in December each year moving forward. All-Star Teams selected will still be recognized and all student-athletes selected will receive certificates.
- ALL-STAR TEAMS TO BE RECOGNIZED: The Spring Sports all-star teams (baseball, softball, boys’ and girls’ soccer, golf and tennis) are being released this week. All-Star teams for football, volleyball, boys’ and girls’ cross country and boys’ and girls’ basketball have already been announced. “We want to recognize the players and coaches selected even though we are unable to hold the events this summer,” said Lee.
- AHSADCA BASKETBALL SHOWCASE: The second annual Elite 100 showcase, which was scheduled for June, is being postponed until further notice from the NFHS & NCAA. More details will be announced once the date is set.
- ALABAMA HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS HALL OF FAME BANQUET: Rescheduled for June 22 earlier this spring, the Class of 2020 induction banquet has been moved to September 21 at the Montgomery Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.
For more information, contact the AHSAA or visit their website at by clicking here
Encore Sports Medicine is the Official Sports Medicine Provider for the
Alabama High School Athletic Association as well as numerous high schools, colleges, and universities across Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
We LOVE to see you move!
Bryant-Jordan 2020 Overall Winners – Congratulations!
Encore Rehabilitation Recruiting Attends SEATA-Southeast Athletic Trainer Association 2020 Education Summit